(2006) What makes places attractive? Can a wet and dirty road running through a barren field be appealing?
What are the common denominators between a heavy industrial harbour and a nature reserve?
In the project Surreal Scania these questions are examined.
Digital video is combined with GPS-technology to explore different visual representation techniques.
At the same time processes of place marketing and branding are surrealized. www.surrealscania.se
Swedish national television SVT made a feature on the project in the program Sverige! Aired April 12 2009.
• Screened at the Digital a la carte section of Sonar 2006 in Barcelona.
• Screened at Interferenze, Valle de Caudina (2006).
• Screened at Perform.Media, Indiana University, Bloomington (2006).
• Selected for The 4th Screen, New York (2006).
• Selected for Electrofringe 2006, Newcastle, Australia (2006).
• Selected for The 2nd Art and Science International Exhibition and Symposium, Beijing, China, November 2006.
• Participating in Netartopen, by Stunned.org.
• Selected for 404 International Festival of Electronic Art, November 30th to December 3rd, 2006 in Rosario, Argentina.
• Exhibited at Live Herring. Nordic Net art Exhibition, 16-19 November 2006, Jyväskylä, Finland.
• Selected for On the edge. In-between function and disruption International Digital Art Festival, 29th October – 2nd December 2006, Århus, Denmark.
• Selected for Orilla#06, The Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC) Santa Fe, Argentina, 9th november – 3rd December, 2006
• Screened at New Media Meeting, 1-2 December, Norrköping, Sweden.
• Selected for the XIX Biennal Ibizagrafic’06 at The Museum d’Art Contemporani d’Eivissa, Ibiza. December 06 – January 07.
• Screened at Japan Media Arts Festival, Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, February 24 – March 4 2007, Tokyo, Japan. At this event, the work was also recommended by the jury. It was selected among 1 808 works from 36 countries.
• Exhibited at “Undisclosed Recipients”, the online digital arts exhibition that is part of the Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival (FLEFF), March 26 – 2 April 2007. Organized by Ithaca college, US.
• Exhibited at The First International ArtTech Media Congress in Tenerife Spain , May 8-11 2007.
• Exhibited at FILE, Electronic Language International Exhibition in Sao Paulo, Brazil. August 13th-September 9th 2007. Also included in the RIO-edition of FILE, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from February 26th to March 29th.
• Selected for revolutionsonline, a specially designed online venue as part of Biennale of Sydney 2008 – Australia’s Festival of Contemporary Art ,18 June – 7 September 2008.
• Exhibited at The Qday-event, Lund, Sweden, September 17th, 2008.