(2006) Being There is a web-based art project by me and video artist Anders Weberg. It is an attempt to twist the authenticity hunt of tourism and the experience economy. We offer six audiovisual excursions that disclose the nervous system that is underlying tourist experiences.
more info: pdf
project website: http://www.beingthere.se/
Valentina Tanni in Tafter on Being There and Surreal Scania. (in Italian)
• Exhibited at Live Herring. Nordic Net art Exhibition, 16-19 November 2006, Jyväskylä, Finland.
• Screened at New Media Meeting, 1-2 December 2006, Norrköping, Sweden.
• Screened at Connect. Signal-to-Noise, March 28-29th 2007 in Malmö, Sweden.
• Screened at 700IS in Egilsstaðir, Iceland 24-31 March 2007.
• Screened at Cartes Flux vol 2. Espoo, Finland, 17-24 April 2007.
• Screened at Simultan03. Video and New Media Art Festival in Timisoara, Romania, 24-26 May 2007 (part of Cartes Flux vol 2. line-up).
• Screened at Vertical, visual arts show in Catalonia, Spain. 1 June 2007 (part of Cartes Flux vol 2. line-up).
• Screened at Danger Zone , Studio 27, San Francisco, July 27th 2007.
• Screened at New Forms Festival, Vancouver. The screening took place outdoors in the Cathedral Park, September 7th 2007.
• Selected for Electrofringe, Newcastle Australia September 27th – October 1st 2007.
• Screened at SparkVideo, Spark Contemporary Art Space, Syracuse, New York. September 27th 2007.
• Selected for Electrofringe 2007’s ElectroOnline in Newcastle, Australia.
• Screened at Backup Festival; Weimar Germany, 18-21 October 2007.
• Screened at Transmediale 08 in Berlin, January 29 – February 3 2008.
• Screened at The Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival(FLEFF) 2008, Ithaca College, NY, USA. March 31- april 6.
• Screened at Dislocate 08, Festival for Art, Technology and Locality, Tokyo/Yokohama, September 2008.